Neon Newsletter 11/18/25 - We're on patreon now
[PRODUCER]: Hey there, folks, I'm here with Gleam going over some of our accomplishments, goals, and upcoming releases!
[GLEAM]: Mhm! On Saturday, I got the treat of doing a marathon stream full playthrough of the "Crimson Mode" mod of Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition for the first time! Quite possibly my favorite mod, of my favorite game!
[PRODUCER]: It was definitely impressive to watch. The speed at which you de-rusted was admirable. Plus, speaking from behind the scenes, watching you grind red orbs in the bloody palace to unlock the full move-set and upgrades, I must say I'm excited to see what combos you can make in this mode.
[GLEAM]: I think my favorite change is adding in-air launchers to Agni & Rudra and Beowulf. Anyway, after that, on the next day, I cheered you on while you did the editing on it. Cutting out four hours of redundant footage from twelve? That's what I call impressive.
[PRODUCER]: Fair enough! Plus we've got it all uploaded to youtube already, scheduled to go out one mission a day every day till the finale on December 6th! I imagine you'll be lightyears ahead of how skilled you are now by then, of course. Got any plans for that?
[GLEAM]: Good question! I'm hoping to record enough footage for a combo music video for you to put together in time to release on the same day, as a sort of contrast! Speaking of contrast, DMC is a LOT faster paced in terms of inputs than Souls-like games such as Bleak Faith. I think character-action/stylish games are at the top of my genre preference triangle, with stealth action games like Dishonored or Metal Gear Solid and souls-like games such as Elden Ring.
[PRODUCER]: Not counting roguelikes?
[GLEAM]: I'd say at this point, "roguelike" isn't a genre unto itself so much as a genre modifier.
[PRODUCER]: Ahh. Care to elaborate?
[GLEAM]: Not until we address the fire in the room.
[PRODUCER]: What, this? This is fine.
[GLEAM]: Cats aren't that dumb, buddy. We're in pretty dire straights in the financials.
[PRODUCER]: Okay, that's true. It sucks to admit, but I don't think we have the physical energy to keep this up if we also go back to a full time job, especially at a restaurant.
[GLEAM]: On top of that, we want to go back to college and y'know, get a degree?
[PRODUCER]: I will admit a deep interest in social and philosophical anthropology. And also the Japanese language. And video editing, obviously.
[GLEAM]: So a few degrees then. And do you really think you can carry all that weight at the same time?
[PRODUCER]: Empirical evidence points to 'no'.
[GLEAM]: Right. And I want to keep doing this! So damn bad. And I know you do too!
[PRODUCER]: Yeah, you're right. As usual. But as it is, the bank account won't last us through the month. It's so frustrating, because if we'd started this as SOON as we possibly could've, we might already have been successful. But that would've been over a decade ago. And even now, we're definitely growing, and learning, and making what really seems like progress!
[GLEAM]: But, in the face of expenses and debt, you can't substitute progress for income.
[PRODUCER]: I know, I know. It's messed up, I think about like, if we had wealthy connections, but so far as I know, we have, at best, surviving connections.
[GLEAM]: You mean friends?
[PRODUCER]: Yeah. It's late, we should probably wrap this up.
[GLEAM]: Okies~
[GLEAM]: And if you read this far, consider throwing some funds our way, huh?
Labels: author's notes, Ayakashima, Gleam Fushigami, journal entry, planning

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home